The Bulwer Purple Prose Project is a literary contest. The rules are short and sweet. The submissions are flowery and florid, the opening sentence to the worst of all possible novels.
- Each entry consists of a single sentence. You may submit a maximum of two entries per category. Please say which category the sentence belongs in. Categories are: Adventure, Crime/Mystery, Fantasy, Legends, Local History, Romance.
- Sentences may be of any length. We plead for less than 60 words.
- Entries must be original and previously unpublished.
- Propel your purple prose to the project by midnight, April 18, stormy or not.
- Entries should be emailed to BulwerPPP@gmail.com.
- Email entries should be in the body of the email, not in an attachment. One email may contain multiple entries.
- Include your name, address and phone number (not for public consumption).
- We accept submissions every day and night, stormy or not, all year round.
- In keeping with the high significance and solemnity of the contest, the winners will receive… a pittance.
- The purplest of the purple entries will be enjoyed, and pittances awarded to the happy victors, at an English country feast in Bulwer on May 2nd, 2015.